SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Louise Young Cosmetics

louise young cosmetics review

I started level 2 beauty therapy at college at the start of September and so far I am loving it!
I can't exactly remember how much the price for the make-up kit was, but it worked out cheaper as it was a college kit and they weren't all separate.

I never heard of Louise Young until I ordered my make-up kit. When I ordered it, I checked out a few blog posts about Louise Young cosmetics and I really liked the look of the products.

So, when I received this, I was so excited. I just wanted to open everything and try it all out. I haven't yet tried everything out properly, I've just done a few swatches and wanted to share what they're like.

Super Concealer:

louise young super concealer

Fair Palette: L to R- Fair 1, Fair 2, Fair 3

louise young super concealer

Medium Olive Palette: L to R- Medium Olive 1, Medium Olive 2, Medium Olive 3

The concealers are like a creamy powdery consistency. From what I've tried, it gives great coverage and matches any skin tone well.

Blusher:

louise young blusher

Maudie (Blusher) & Owls (Highlighter) - Maudie is a nice orange/pink tone. It may be too dark for pale skin but we'll see.
Owls is a bright white highlighter. It's not shimmery at all and it blends easily if you don't want your highlighter too harsh.

louise young blusher

Boom Boom (Blusher) & Owls (Highlighter) - Boom Boom is a very pale pink colour. I can already tell that this would suit me very well.

louise young blusher

Highway (Blusher) & Owls (Highlighter) - Highway is a very hard shade to explain. It's a pinky brown colour with a dark pink tone. It's not as dark as it looks here.

Lip Palettes:

louise young lip palette

Palette 3:
L to R- 
Payback - Reminds me of Autumn, it's a gorgeous plum colour.
Sweet Pea - Beautiful hot pink shade.
Blossom - Maybe too light for me for the lips. It's a very light pink/coral shade.


louise young lip palette

Palette 4:
L to R-
Siren - Dark red with a hint of purple.
Wow - Usual red shade that everyone wears. It's not too dark or too light.
Leaving Venice - This one is a pinky red, very different.


louise young lip palette

Palette 5:
L to R-
Berry Crush - Another shade which reminds me of Autumn. It's a lighter plum than the 'Payback' shade in palette 3.
Spun Sugar - Dark pink/brown shade. My kind of colour.
Sand Storm - Light colour but still a dark pink.

Eyeshadow:


louise young essential eye palette

Essential Eye Palette: 
L to R-
Ting - This is a very light colour. You could use this to highlight or it would be great as a base.
Maowi - Light brown/grey colour.
Pom Pom - A dark brown shade. Perfect for that smokey eyed look.
Black Bear - Simply a black shade.
Sislet - Dark red/maroon colour.


louise young eyeshadow palette

Azur:
L to R-
Antibes - Yellow/dirty yellow colour. I'm not a big fan of the colour yellow for eyeshadow, but I could make it work I suppose.
Beaulieu - Light brown.
Eze - Very beautiful light blue. This palette just reminds me of Summer!

6 Brush Set:


louise young makeup brushes

L to R-
LY28 Flat Lip - Lip brush for applying lipstick, gloss and balm. Hair is synthetic.
LY37 Brow Brush - Simply use to fill in your eyebrows. Hair is synthetic.
LY26 Lip/Concealer Brush - This brush can be used as a lip brush or as a concealer brush. Hair is synthetic.
LY09 Multi Purpose Brush - Excellent for eyeshadow application. Hair is natural.
LY45 Super Blender 1 - Eyeshadow blender. Hair is natural.
LY04 Maxi Powder/Blusher - Great for applying either powder or blusher. Hair is natural.


Have you ever heard of Louise Young before?

Post a Comment