SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 1 November 2016

6 Things I Tell Myself Over & Over Again...


1. DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF YOU
I tell myself this ALL the time, obviously, I don't listen to myself enough. I care about what people think of me so much, I always have. I'm always worried about people judging me on how I look or what I'm wearing. I shouldn't let that get to me at all.

2. DON'T WORRY ABOUT EVERYTHING
I am a huge worrier. I worry about anything and everything that's going on.

3. FORGET THE PAST
 I constantly bring back memories and wonder how I could've done things differently, and how I could've changed what I was doing at the time. But, there's no point getting yourself down about the past. It can't be changed, just move on and focus on the future.

4. STOP TRYING TO PLEASE PEOPLE
I've tried to please people my whole life. Let's be honest, who hasn't? Not everyone will like you, so don't try your hardest to please them. Just be yourself. They'll either like you as you are or they won't. Simple.

5. DON'T DO ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO DO
This makes you seriously unhappy, trust me. Don't do it because someone says you have to. Don't do it because you think you have to. If you don't want to do something, then don't do it.

6. YOU'RE STRONG
I have been through so much in my life, and most of the tough times I've had are recent. When I'm having a down day, I have to tell myself that I am strong and that I will get through it, eventually.


I tell myself these six things all the time, but I just can't seem to adapt to them. I'm so much better than I was, and that's the main thing. I am determined to overcome them, hopefully the new year will be it.

6 comments :

  1. I try to remember points 1, 3, & 4. almost every day! It's so hard when my anxiety sets in though. I start to panic & worry and then I can't think logically. I'm glad to read that you're doing better with this though!

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My anxiety mainly causes them and it's so hard to try to overcome them. Some days are easier than others x

      Delete
  2. I totally get all of these. I still have problems with 1,2,3 and 4. :/
    Luckily, number 5 has never been my problem.
    1st one is, I think, the biggest problem cause it's stops me from being me, but in a society where you have to be "perfect", that's not even unusual.
    Keep repeating this and you'll be fine :D So will I :)
    great post

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Number one has to be the one I tell myself the most. Even my mum has told me it many times. I definitely agree with you - it's society not letting you be who you want to be. What even is 'perfect'? Thank you for reading x

      Delete
  3. I always need to remind myself to stop worrying. It actually makes me feel better to know other people worry a lot as well because otherwise I can feel really alone sometimes.

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum worries a lot too so that's probably where I get it from x

      Delete