SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 23 April 2016

Brush Egg Review

brush egg

brush egg review

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks cleaning makeup brushes is such a chore. Does anyone actually enjoy it? I'm going to admit now, I don't clean my makeup brushes as often as I should. I clean them about once a month, I know, it's very bad.

Although, since buying this little beauty, it hasn't been at all bad and I'm now washing them once a week! I wanted something that was affordable, but does a fantastic job. The brush egg is made of silicone, which makes it easy to clean afterwards and it's designed for deep cleaning of makeup brushes. You put two fingers in the bottom of the egg to control it whilst cleaning your brushes, this also makes it easier. The small circular parts at the top of the egg are made for lathering, and the grooves give your brushes a super good clean by removing unwanted product. You can use whatever you usually clean your brushes with to clean them on the egg.

brush egg blog post

I use anti-bacterial hand wash, Dove, to be specific. I simply swirl my makeup brush around on the egg, using the circular shapes to foam up my soap and then using the grooves to give the brush a proper deep clean. It's very straight forward, quick and easy.

After the first use, I was very impressed. The product washes out of the brushes so quickly, which is handy if you have loads of makeup brushes to clean. You can easily see the product coming out of the brushes on the egg and it's much easier than washing them in the palm of your hand. My brushes have never felt so soft or looked so clean before. I highly recommend the brush egg.

Buy it here or buy it on eBay.

4 comments :

  1. I keep seeing this type of thing everywhere and I really need to get one, I hate washing my brushes so much! It's such a chore to me x

    http://bassethoundsandbronzer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind washing my brushes now because it's so quick! Super happy with this x

      Delete
  2. this looks really handy, I swear I'm the worst person for cleaning my makeup brushes. I just keep buying new ones so I can leave it longer before I have to clean them. Think I might need to pick one of these up xx
    Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too, haha! I used to leave mine months and months x

      Delete