SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 26 March 2021

MALTEASER EASTER CUPCAKES

malteaser easter cupcakes

malteaser cupcakes

malteaster easter cupcakes recipe

Following on from my last Easter Baking post, I'm bringing you Malteaser Easter Cupcakes! I was so excited to make these, mainly because of the decoration part. Not to toot my own horn but these were bloody delicious.

Ingredients:
Cupcake Ingredients:
125g Self Raising Flour
150g Light Brown Sugar
150g Unsalted Butter
3 Eggs
25g Cocoa Powder

Buttercream Ingredients + Extras:
125g Unsalted Butter
200g Icing Sugar
150g Malteaser Bar
Malteaser Bunnies (enough for 12 cupcakes)
Malteasers (enough to share between 12 cupcakes)

Method:
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake cases.

- In a bowl, whisk the Unsalted Butter with the Light Brown Sugar until fluffy. Add in the 3 Eggs, Self Raising Flour and Cocoa Powder and whisk until well mixed.

- Evenly distribute the mixture into the 12 cupcake cases.

- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes until baked through. Leave on a cooling rack until fully cooled.

For the Buttercream:
- Melt the Malteaser Bar in the microwave or in a saucepan on a hob.

- Pop the Unsalted Butter into a bowl and gradually, slowly whisk in the Icing Sugar until it is all combined. Then, up the speed on your whisk and mix until smooth and fluffy.

- Add the melted Malteaser chocolate to the Buttercream and mix in until smooth.

For the Decoration:
- Pipe the Buttercream onto the cupcakes. (I couldn't find my piping set so I had to make do with a teaspoon and butter knife).

- Then add the Malteasers and the Bunnies to the cupcakes, decorating how you wish. (I managed to get my hands on a bag which included the full size bunnies, mini bunnies and the Malteaser balls all in one bag which worked out cheaper than buying them all separately).


These were super easy to make, I can't wait to do this again with different chocolate treats.


1 comment :

  1. These look epic! I love Malteser bunny's and also am a big fan of malteser baked goods! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete