SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 18 May 2020

How I've Changed as a Person Over The Last Eight Weeks

how I've changed as a person in lockdown

A lot has happened within these eight weeks and I have really changed as a person in that time. Lockdown has seriously done things to me, I've had a lot of thinking time I guess.

Firstly, I've learnt to appreciate things more. I will now cherish every single moment I spend with my family and friends. Sometimes you just need to take a step back, look at your life and see what you've got and who's in it. This has made me look at things from a different perspective, my eyes have opened up even more so now.
 Secondly, I've learnt that it's fine to have down days. It's perfectly okay to have down days anyway, but in a time like this even more so. The unknown of everything and not having much freedom can really hit you hard. I've had multiple days where I've just cried because I'm scared of the unknown, I can't go out and get away or spend time by myself.

I've been working on having a more positive mindset. Even though a lot of negative things are going on in my life right now, I've been trying to turn those negatives into positives instead. Better things will come soon. I've also been working on my jealousy. I've felt so nervous to admit this, but I am a jealous person and I feel like a lot of other people struggle with this too. I get jealous so easily - although not in a bad way that turns me into a horrible person. I keep my thoughts to myself and I've been managing to get over certain things that make me jealous as they come. Maybe it's not even jealousy, I think I just want what other people have in life.

I've got rid of negative people that were in my life. Very recently, I decided that I was sick of the amount of shit I have taken over the last few years by letting people walk all over me, I didn't want to be the girl that was talked down to anymore. Just because I come across as this timid, quiet girl, doesn't mean people can walk over me, make decisions for me and put me down. From now on, I'll be standing up for myself more and any negative people in my life will be cut out. Life is too short and I'm not letting negative people that make me miserable ruin it.

I've spent time looking after myself a lot more too. Beforehand, I wouldn't spend a lot of time looking after myself. I'm looking after my hair and skin so much better and I'm now in a routine. Nothing is a rush either and I have no excuse to not be bothered.

Finally, I've become an even stronger believer of 'everything happens for a reason'.

5 comments :

  1. I loved reading this post. Definitely agree with you on everything happens for a reason x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything does happen for a reason, I am a firm believer in that too, even if at times you don't understand why.

    Amy x
    The July Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything does happen for a reason but it doesn't always feel so nice! I am such a believer in that!! Loved this post, thanks for being so candid and open!
    Rosie
    loverosiee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything definitely does happen for a reason - loved reading this post x

    ReplyDelete