SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 23 May 2020

Avon True Powerstay 24 Hour Foundation Review

avon foundation review

avon power stay foundation review

After a lot of hype about the Avon Power Stay 24 Hour Foundation giving a similar finish to well-known high-end foundations, I thought for only £10 I'd give it a go myself. This is the first time I've bought a makeup product from Avon, so I've been very eager to try it out.

First off, lets talk about the shade range they offer. You can choose from 18 different shades, which I think is amazing. I do admit though, it was extremely hard guessing my shade from a book and from pictures of swatches on Google Images. In the end, I decided on the colour 'warm ivory' and luckily it was perfect for me. 

The foundation itself is a manageable consistency - I'd say it's actually the perfect consistency I look for in a foundation, it's not too runny or too thick. I've tested applying this foundation with both a brush and a beauty blender and I would personally say that brushes work best. I find that once the foundation is on the skin, it doesn't take long before it dries. It gets harder to blend out, and for that reason I only do sections of my face at a time. When using a damp beauty blender, I found it absorbed a lot of product and made the foundation go patchy. Personally, I don't think the coverage is great and you'd need to use a lot of product to get yourself a decent coverage. 

By the end of the day, I have creases in my smile lines and fine lines as well as it looking patchy on my nose, chin and cheekbones. It's probably the worst foundation I've ever owned to go that patchy. The only great thing that it does for me during the day is control my oily skin. Usually I have to top up my powder to eliminate shine in my T-zone but with this foundation, my oily skin really didn't show through.

I was actually disappointed with this foundation, I thought it was going to be a bargain hit. If you like your foundation to be a really light coverage or you'll only be wearing it in the evening on holiday for a few hours, definitely go for it. But, it's definitely not 24 hour long wearing and it's not as good coverage as I'd of hoped.

Has anyone else tried this foundation before and have a different review on it? I'm intrigued to see other peoples opinions as I've seen so many great reviews - most 4 stars, prior to purchasing it.

9 comments :

  1. I'm never all that keen on avon make up but I think that's because of the old school brand feel. However, this foundation sounds really good for budget beauty!
    Rosie
    loverosiee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I need to try more of their make-up, I've heard good things about their lipsticks x

      Delete
  2. Such a shame it doesn't have the 24 hour wear claim...! But I've never tried anything from this brand!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried much from Avon at all, but this sounds great x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been such a long time since I tried anything from Avon. I know some of their skincare has recently been mentioned but I haven't yet checked it out. It's a shame that this was disappointing for you, especially when you had been excited to try it.

    Amy x
    The July Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so eager to try it, just a shame it happened to be the first make-up product of theirs that I tried first. I would however, like to purchase something from Avon again! x

      Delete
  5. hate when you get let down by beauty products - foundation is so hit and miss isn't it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah definitely. I guess a majority of people really rate this but it just isn't for me x

      Delete