SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 5 April 2020

Six Ways To Keep Yourself Motivated During COVID-19

how to keep yourself motivated during covid-19

Oh hey, I haven't been around for about a month or so and honestly, I've missed it. 
I've missed my little space on the internet where I can escape and take my mind off of things, especially now with what's going on in the world.
I'm not going to lie, I have really been struggling but I know everybody else is in the same boat. So, I have put together a list of ways to keep yourself motivated and positive during this time.

I've put this on the top on my list for a reason. I feel like I can't get anything done if I'm lounging around in my pyjamas. Even if I get changed into joggers or leggings and a hoodie, I feel much more awake and motivated than sitting in my pyjamas that I've slept in all night.

 Exercise is so important. Not only does it help you sleep better, it improves your mood and relieves stress which is what I think we all need right now, oh and you'll have that summer bod ready! If you didn't do exercise before this global pandemic, now is a great time to get yourself into it! As I haven't been able to go to my ballet classes and boxing classes for a few weeks now, I've really been missing them.

So, as well as prancing around the kitchen in my ballet shoes, I've also been doing home workouts. Every other morning (I try every morning), I have been out in the garden to do a 30 minute workout. I usually follow Courtney Black's workouts, she's been doing them live every day on Instagram. Cassie from Blogilates on YouTube is also amazing! Luckily, there are so many PTs on Instagram and YouTube to follow at the moment. 
I've even dragged out the Wii Fit, I forgot how much I loved that!

We've been very lucky to have gorgeous weather at the moment which is why I've been getting fresh air pretty much every morning. It honestly makes me feel so much more positive and it's extremely important to get that Vitamin D. Even if you just open a window, it'll do the world of good.

We're so lucky in this day and age to have so many fantastic ways to communicate with people. Especially with what's going on in the world right now, it's crucial to check in on friends and family to make sure they're all doing ok and to see if they need anything. On top of the worries about COVID-19, I've also been stressing about our wedding in early September. I'm praying that it'll all blow over by then but it's just the unknown and having zero control that I've been stressed about. When I have felt down about it, so many close friends and family have been supporting me. Never bottle up how you feel! 

I'm one of those overly-organised people, like when they have an idea they need to do it there and then. For example, changing the layout of the bedroom or redecorating the house - I get excited about ideas and like to get stuff done. I've found that putting together a weekly schedule has really helped me spread things out and actually get other things done as well as stopping my brain from going into overdrive.

I've had to take a few breaks now and then mainly from Twitter and Facebook. All the news, rumours and stories have been too much for me and I instantly go from being in a great mood to an anxious mess and admittedly, I've cried a number of times. 
Whether you delete an app or turn off your phone for a few hours, it's good to take a break.

I hope you've found at least a couple of things on this list helpful.
Take care of yourselves.
x

14 comments :

  1. Getting dressed in the mornings would be my biggest tip, starts your day off right x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting dressed is definitely essential, I cannot stay in pyjamas all day as I feel so sluggish. Stay safe lovely xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using Whatsapp Face time loads now and I am so glad I have it. Exercise is a good one, I unfortunately haven't been well furing all of this due to a chest infection but I think I'm getting better now so I definitely will be looking up some YouTube classes.

    Amy x
    The July Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been so bad at bothering to get dressed hahah helpppp x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha as long as you still feel motivated and can do stuff, then it doesn't really matter. For me, I just wanna eat snacks and lob around on the sofa all day haha xx

      Delete
  5. Getting ready in the mornings is something which has helped me so much. I just need to stop snacking on absolutely everything in my flat, hahah!
    Chloe X
    https://www.chloepryce.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god tell me about it. Even though I've been doing loads of workouts, I just can't stop snacking. It's a nightmare x

      Delete
  6. I'm still working through all of this so many of these I am doing continuously. I do find it helpeful to wake up at the same time each morning, put a bra on and brush my teeth - it's the little things you know!
    Rosie
    loverosiee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly is the little things that makes a huge difference! x

      Delete
  7. I think it's so important to keep in touch with friends and family - especially when you can feel so isolated. I know I do living on my own with a toddler!

    Gemma Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah bless you. I'm so grateful to be around my family during this x

      Delete