SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 14 May 2016

5 Beauty Hacks | Do they work?

After looking at beauty hacks whilst scrolling through Pinterest and watching videos on YouTube, I decided to try out some of the ones that interested me to see if they actually work. So, I thought I'd share with you how I got on with the hacks. Who doesn't love a few great beauty tips?


1. RE-WETTING YOUR MASCARA
5 beauty hacks

I've known this hack for years and I have been doing it for years. Don't you just hate when your mascara goes dry and makes your lashes look clumpy? Just add some eye drops into your mascara (unless the mascara is around three months old, chuck it out!). It's as easy as that.


2. RED LIPSTICK TO HIDE DARK CIRCLES
makeup hacks blog post

What you're meant to do with this hack is, apply your foundation as usual and put red lipstick under your eyes to hide your dark circles and then you apply your concealer on top of the red lipstick. Let me tell you that it was a long process, I had to apply two coats of concealer to cover it. It did work but it made the underneath of my eye look plumper and looked more of a pinky concealer whereas, on my left eye, my concealer was much more brighter.


3. HASHTAG SMOKY EYE
beauty hacks

This is meant to be an easier way of doing a smoky eye. I just simply drew on a hashtag with my thin eye brush and blended it out. It was very easy to do, I think this hack would be great for beginners!


4. TAPE TO CLEAN MAKEUP BRUSHES
beauty hacks blog post

I was quite unsure on whether this one would work or not so I thought why not grab the sellotape and try it out. All you do is sweep your makeup brush across the sticky side of the tape to give your brushes a quick clean. It does work but I'd rather clean them properly. I suppose this is good for when you want to have a nice makeup day and you want to get rid of the build-up of previous colour.


5. TAPE CONTOURING
makeup hacks

I've only seen one person do this hack and it looked really fun to do. What you do is put tape above where your contour would be and a bit of tape underneath. It does work but I think I could contour quicker without the use of tape. Again, this hack would be great for beginners!


Do you know of any beauty hacks that you'd like to share?

2 comments :

  1. Ooh so glad to know that the eyedrops-in-mascara trick works! This will save me at least a couple more dollars, haha! Thank you for the lovely post xx

    http://wanderlustgirl-kb.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete