SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 14 April 2021

It's a ... | Pregnancy Update

pregnancy update

When Liam and I first found out that we were pregnant, we wanted to keep the baby's gender a surprise until the birth. However, our decision quickly changed due to the excitement. So, we ended up booking a well-being and gender scan for when I hit the 16 week mark.

Today I am 16+4 weeks, which is just insane. I can't believe how quick the past few weeks have gone since my 12 week scan. We wanted to find out the gender with our close family instead of in the scan room, so the sonographer got us to close our eyes when she was checking for boy or girl parts. Our baby's umbilical cord was actually hanging down between the legs so I had to go and empty my bladder and have a little wiggle. I was just giggling to myself in the toilet, bouncing around and doing star jumps to get the baby moving. 


The jumping around worked and they were quickly able to determine whether it was a boy or a girl. As for the well-being part, baby is growing absolutely perfect and I also found out that my placenta is at the front, so I won't feel movements until a little later on which was handy to know. 

Just before the scan, we bought a heartbeat teddy, then after the scan was done the sonographer put either a blue or a pink heartbeat teddy in a box for us, somehow without peeking we made it all the way home. I then gave the box to my sister and she filled up a balloon with the correct colour confetti and then we popped it not too long after.

gender reveal

It's a girl!

Liam had been guessing girl since the beginning and I had boy in my mind. We didn't mind what the gender would be as we would love both a boy or a girl. 


As for body changes, my clothes are now starting to get tight, I've been patiently waiting for the shops to re-open so I can buy lots of new and stretchy clothes. From the end of 14 weeks to 15 weeks, I suffered with really bad constant headaches, nothing I done to help would make them go away but luckily, they've now eased! I'm now just having tired spells throughout the day like I did in the first trimester. I've also bought a hypnobirthing book which I'm hoping to start reading with Liam in the coming weeks. 


That's all to update you on for now, we're just so over the moon that we have a little baby girl on the way!

6 comments :

  1. Congratulations!!! I hope all goes well. x

    http://www.mariesconnections.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! Congrats on your little girl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's so lovely. I couldn't have a gender scan due to covid and I found out I was having a boy at my 20 week scan on my own. I wish my partner could have been there!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww congratulations, so exciting!! I'd love a girl for my second so that I have one of each x

    Gemma Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah massive congratulations!! I am so happy you're having a little girl! Can't wait for your next update

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh congratulations (so sorry for the late comment), I bet you were over the moon! :)

    Amy x
    The July Rose

    ReplyDelete