SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 30 July 2020

Four Ways I Deal With Stress

four ways i deal with stress

I was planning on writing up a life update blog post, but I'm going through a lot of personal stuff right now and even though I'm very honest and open with you all, I know a lot of other people have been struggling with stress and anxiety at the moment too, so instead of you reading a lengthy blog post full of negativity, instead, I want to share my four ways I've been dealing with stress and hope it can help some of you too.
This is a very new way I deal with stress. I never thought I would be saying this, but exercising really does help me take my mind off of things. Following a routine, I'm focused and with stress on my mind it seems to make me work harder too. 

Music has always been my therapy, and always will be. My earphones are my happy place. I don't really listen to anything in particular. If anything, when I'm sad, listening to sad music helps me - some of you might think that's absolutely bonkers. But, I feel like it's a way for me to connect to the song itself. It just works for me.

If things do get too much for me, I write down how I'm feeling as it helps to clear my head a little. I also write down to-do lists and spread things out over multiple days by importance. This has always worked wonders for me! Each day, I look at my to-do list and focus on what needs to be done on that particular day and nothing else.

Just breathe and focus on the present. I'm a nightmare for over-thinking into the future and what's to come. I've been worse since COVID has happened because our wedding, honeymoon, hen and stag do's, buying our first home and trying for a baby have all been put on hold and I have honestly been so stressed about it all. But, every day, I take about 5 minutes in the evening to just breathe and focus on my breathing to release the stress, even if it is for only 5 minutes. Also, telling myself that I'm lucky to be alive and healthy and to be happy with what I have at this moment in time.

How do you deal with stress? Is there anything else you'd recommend?

12 comments :

  1. Well done you for sharing this! I do get stressed quite easily but I am going to try and use some of your tips to help me!
    Rosie
    loverosiee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing things down makes such a difference x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great tips. Exercise and listening to music really helps. It relaxes me and makes me happy. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I love exercising when I'm stressed or angry. Helps so much!

    www.upyourvlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like they're always the best workouts as well! x

      Delete
  5. I really need to start exercising again, I started off well during lockdown, and it went downhill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Music is an amazing stress releaser, I love just driving along in my car with it blasting!

    Gemma Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, exercise really does make a massive difference. I hope things get better for you soon.

    Amy x
    The July Rose

    ReplyDelete