SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 7 June 2020

Tan-Luxe Face Self Tanning Drops

tan luxe face review

I have had this on my wish-list for a while and contemplated buying it for a couple of reasons. Number one, I had heard amazing reviews but also heard many negative reviews too. And number two, the price tag - it's £35 for a 30ml bottle.

When I tan, I used to tan my face using leftover tan from my mitt. But, because I wear makeup almost everyday and I cleanse and exfoliate regularly, it does fade ever so quick - usually within two days. I then have to rely on my foundation to colour match and if I do have a makeup free day within this time, well you guys know, I'm naturally super pale so I end up having a very pale face and a tanned body. So that's when I decided to give in and give this little beauty of a product a go. 

You'll be pleased to know that it ticks all the boxes, it is vegan friendly and cruelty free. 
The design of Tan-Luxe is a luxurious-looking glass bottle with a pipette dispenser. The bottle comes in a very good quality white case which is perfect to keep the bottle clean. You can purchase it in two shades - either light to medium or medium to dark. I got light to medium for a natural glow and I decided it was the best one to go with my tan.

I first tried this product out when I didn't have a tan, hoping for a nice glow and to look less ghostly - big mistake! As you don't see a difference straight away, it's easy to add more drops. The next day, I definitely noticed a difference. I had such a bad uneven line under my jawline and onto my neck that I had to apply makeup for the following three days to cover it.

Surprisingly it doesn't actually smell of fake tan. It smells more fruity and perfumed than anything. When I was actually looking up on the ingredients for this, raspberry seed oil is included which is when I clicked - it really does smell of raspberries.
The consistency is runny but more of a serum like consistency.  

tan luxe face self tanning drops

You simply add a few drops to your everyday moisturiser, serum or face oil and apply it like you usually would. The amount of drops depends on your target colour/glow. The application is really good, it feels like you're applying your moisturiser/serum like you usually do. One thing I will say upon applying, make sure to get right up and around the hairline, corners of the nose, right around the lips and eyebrows and blend it properly around your jawline and neck. You can't actually see where you've applied it so make sure you cover every little area of your face because you will notice if you miss any patches the next day.

It matches my tan so well. I use Bondi Sands light to medium and let it develop overnight for around 9 hours and with Tan-Luxe, I mix no more than 2 drops into my moisturiser. I couldn't even lie to you when I say the colour match is 100% perfect. I feel like you need a little play around with it for the first couple of weeks to see how many drops you need to get the right depth and colour.

It's hard to say how often I use this as I go by how my actual tan fades. But usually, I now apply Tan-Luxe to my face the same night I tan my body and then use it for the next two or three days when doing my skincare in the mornings. It fades out really nicely and in sync with my Bondi Sands tan. It doesn't end up going patchy either which is amazing.

It doesn't give off an orange colour at all. It makes me look more awake - especially if I'm having a makeup free day, it gives me a really nice glow. I struggle with tan going patchy and dry on my chin and nose after a couple of days, but with this face tanner it doesn't do that at all.

Overall, I'm so glad that I ended up buying this little gem as it is now included in my everyday routine when I have tan on.

9 comments :

  1. I'm not a big fan of fake tan but these sound amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, fake tan scares me haha! I have however read so much about Tan Luxe, although I think the one I want to try is clear in the bottle? I might be wrong.

    Either way, this does sound like a nice product and it would be nice to have a bit of a glow to my skin for summer.

    Amy x
    The July Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that might be their super glow one! I imagine it would be just as great! xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds dreamy!! I am loving having some sun on my skin but this sounds great for a top up!
    Rosie
    loverosiee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will 100% be taking this with me when I next go abroad! x

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love Tan Luxe, I used to use the face and body drops religiously!

    Gemma Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might actually give the body drops a go next pay day!! x

      Delete