SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 13 June 2020

A Birthday Makeup Look

birthday makeup

My birthday is in a few days and as my 23rd birthday will be a little different compared to other birthdays over the years, I decided that I'd still like to get dressed up and do my makeup how I usually would do on my birthday.

the brows
The very first thing I do is fill in my eyebrows, I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade in the shade 'Taupe'. Then to neaten up my brows, I outline them with the NARS Creamy Concealer in the shade 'Vanilla'. I find that this the perfect shade for me, it's not too light or too warm - so it's great for my pale days as well as when I have tan on.

the eyes
Moving onto my eyes, I smother my lashes in Revitalash Serum, it's honestly been a god send since taking a break from my lash extensions - the growth of my lashes in only 4 months is insane. Then, I prep my lids using the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer, it's been my fave for years and does its job, so will forever be my go to.
I've decided to use the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette as there's a decent range of smoky shades and shimmers. Using 'Foxy' as a base, 'Busted' and 'Snakebite' for depth in the crease and a mix of 'Half Baked' and 'YDK' on the lid. Using the shade 'Verve' as a highlight, I apply this in the inner corners of my eyes and underneath my brows.

the base
For my face, using my all time favourite, the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in the shade 'Stromboli'. Then going back in with the NARS Creamy Concealer in the shade 'Vanilla', to brighten the eye area I apply this under my eyes and on any blemishes and then blend the concealer out with a beauty blender. To add some definition, I use the Benefit Hoola Bronzer to contour my nose, cheekbones, jawline and the top of my head. After blending out the bronzer, I set the rest of my face using the Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder in the shade 'Light to Medium' or 'Medium' depending on what shade of tan I've used. 

the finishing touches
Then, I apply my lashes. Being a lash tech whilst in lockdown, I actually made these curly, volume strip lashes myself. I've already tested them and they actually turned out so much better than I thought they would, so I'm well chuffed. However, if I didn't make my own strip lashes I would've used the Ardell Double Wispies.  To blend the strips in with my natural lashes, I use my all time fave mascara that I always end up going back to, the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara and I also apply it to my bottom lashes too.

For my lips, I'm going with my go-to everyday fave. I line them with the MAC Lip Pencil in the colour 'Stripdown' and then go in with the MAC Matte Lipstick in the colour 'Honeylove'. It's honestly the best lip combo.
Lastly to set everything in place, I use the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray and just spritz it all over my face. This is another one of my all time favourites that I've been using for years, it just does what it's meant to.

9 comments :

  1. That lipstick looks gorgeous! Another product to add to my Wishlist. Definitely need to use my naked 2 palette more x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Anastasia Dip Brow, it lasts such a long time and I also adore the UD Setting Spray, I finished up mine last week so need to buy a new one.

    Amy x
    The July Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It lasts forever doesn't it! So worth the money xx

      Delete
  3. I love that ABH dip brow!! My brows need so much help right now!
    Rosie
    loverosiee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. naked 2 is one of my fave palettes ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't go wrong with the setting spray! I also love that mascara x

    Joyce | www.joycelauofficial.com

    ReplyDelete