SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 27 January 2018

Urban Decay Moondust Palette Review & Swatches

urban decay moondust palette

urban decay moondust palette

Oh hey, you know me... always late on the bandwagon. This eyeshadow palette was released in late 2016, it's now 2018 and I've only just tried it out. Well, I actually got it for Christmas, so I only got it a year late. Not bad if I say so myself. If you've been following my blog for a while, you'd know that I love Urban Decay and that I love glitter - so of course I had to ask Santa for this. 

This palette features eight brand new shades:
Specter - soft pink glitter (this is very similar to the shade 'dust' in the Naked 3 palette, here)
Element - a coppery, peachy glitter
Magnetic - purple with blue sparkle 
Lightyear - vibrant green glitter
Granite - silver/grey shade with multi-coloured glitter
Lithium - brown with 3D sparkle
Vega - bright blue glitter
Galaxy - smokey blue/grey with 3D sparkle

urban decay moondust palette review blog

urban decay moondust palette review

urban decay moondust palette swatches
L to R: Specter, Element, Magnetic, Lightyear, Granite, Lithium, Vega, Galaxy

As these shades are glitters, I was worried about there being so much fallout. BUT, there was no need for me to worry. I had a few sparkles under my eyes after applying but it weren't anything major and it was super easy to wipe away. I do my eye makeup before applying my foundation for that particular reason and if you do need to wipe anything away then you can easily.

When I first got the palette, I didn't think that I'd wear every shade or even use the palette that often. But I have used it quite a few times already.
I tried out the application of the shadows both wet and dry. If you use these shadows dry, it gives more of a subtle look. If you use these wet, they just apply so much easier and they're more vibrant and intense. I found that wetting your finger and patting it on works better than using a wet brush as well. These shades are so highly pigmented and your eye makeup will last hours, I don't think I could be anymore in love. 

Have you tried the Moondust palette?

Post a Comment