SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 30 July 2016

Keeping Your Hair Alive This Summer

We have officially hit Summer here in the UK, terrible weather or not. I find that taking care of your hair in the Summer months is especially important as your hair can become dry and the sun can even change the colour of it. Going abroad to warmer countries whilst relaxing on a sun lounger or the chlorine in swimming pools can also damage your hair. So, I've put together a list of affordable products you can use to keep your hair alive this Summer.

summer hair products
Yes, the ground is wet as it was raining before I took these photos. So much for our British Summer ay?

L'Oréal Elnett Satin Heat Protector -
It's like any other heat protector - it protects your hair from heat damage up to 230 degrees. It also smells AMAZING. When there is a breeze outside I can always smell this product and I also get so many compliments on how good my hair smells. Heat protector is obviously a must, not just for heated equipment but it's also great to mist in your hair whilst in the sun/hot weather.

Garnier Ultimate Blends -
This product is specifically for dried out hair. Every now and then I like to give my hair a deep conditioning treatment, I usually like to do this more in the Summer as my hair is a lot more dry and brittle. I use this twice a week and leave it on for five minutes after shampooing. My hair instantly looks brighter, softer and it smells FABULOUS. I do go through this product quite quickly so luckily it's sold at such a reasonable price.

products for dry hair

Lee Stafford Coco Loco Coconut Spritz -
I like to spray this before drying my hair and let me tell you, I'm surprised I haven't yet ran out of product. It smells so good that I keep spraying and spraying just to keep smelling coconut. This is also great to give your mid-lengths and ends a quick refresh in the day if your hairs feeling and looking a little dry. It softens my hair straight away and it smells lush. You can't go wrong with this product.

Lush Marilyn Hair Treatment -
This product is very similar to the Garnier Ultimate Blends. I got this treatment a while back and I do love it. You simply coat your hair with the hair treatment and leave it to condition for 20 minutes. Then, you go in with your usual shampoo and conditioning routine. It has made my blonde locks look brighter, shinier and softer. Those three things are a must for this season. Marilyn is made for blonde hair to get rid of any unwanted orange tones. I do believe that you can buy other hair treatments for certain hair types from Lush stores.

Are you using certain products to look after your hair this Summer?

1 comment :

  1. I love your blogpost! And I would try some products the next time!! ♥︎

    ReplyDelete