SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 6 September 2019

One Year Til We Get Married! & Updates...

We get married one year today and we are so ridiculously excited! I feel like the year is now going to fly by!
Also, I can't believe I haven't updated you guys about my wedding plans since APRIL. The past five months have suddenly flown and we have done so much!

In May, we booked our Hen and Stag dos! Liam will be jetting off to Benidorm and I'm hitting Magaluf! The girls have already started buying little bits and pieces for the hen do and it seems so much more real now. Liam's stag is at the end of April/early May and my hen is the end of May. I'll also be having a hen night here in the UK too, for the girls that couldn't make it.

I've found THE DRESS. I went dress shopping for the first time on the 7th July and it was the best experience ever. Twenty dresses later and constantly going back to the first dress I tried on, I said yes to that very first dress. There was no point in looking anywhere else because everything about it was perfect. It had the right amount of lace and sparkle etc. I can't go into too much detail because Liam reads my blog. Sorry, no hints here. Also, I have my veil and hair accessory too which is super exciting!

We haven't yet booked our honeymoon but we have been never-endingly looking at possible destinations. Because we wanted to have our honeymoon sooner rather than later after our wedding, which is in September, we are limited on destinations.
We bought our wedding rings last month! After months of searching trying to find the perfect rings, we got both of ours from Fraser Hart.

We have been searching high and low for the perfect bridesmaid dresses on a budget. It doesn't help that my sister who is Maid of Honour is fussy. So if you have any recommendations for sites, hit me up! We have also very recently booked our florist, cake maker and hairstylist.
Liam knows what suit he would like for him and the groomsmen but he doesn't know whether to hire them or buy them. I think he is going to look around and try them on at some point between now and October.

Phew. That was a long winded post wasn't it. I hope I haven't bored you to death. So, we have done quite a lot and to be honest, we really haven't got too much left to do now. Luckily we have had help from both of our families to ease stress which has been super helpful.

17 comments :

  1. I never got a chance to congratulate you before, but I can't wait to see the photos and your journey. Such an exciting process x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! As if it's only a year away, that time is going to go so fast! I hope you have an amazing hen do too. Huge congratulations xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I will keep you all posted haha! x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!! I hope this year is a very happy step to an even happier life.

    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most exciting time for sure... Big Congrats!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh how exciting!!!! Lots of love from Mollie, blogger at theperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an exciting time for you, can't wait to hear more about it! x

    Gemma Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I hope you find the perfect honeymoon destination :)

    Amy x
    The July Rose

    ReplyDelete