SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 19 November 2018

Four Products I've Used Up & Wouldn't Repurchase

used up and wouldn't repurchase blog

I love trying out new makeup, hair and skincare products but it also means that I either may or may not get on with them. I have bought and tried out quite a few products throughout this year, and there are four that I wouldn't buy again.

Got2b Dry Shampoo
I usually stick to using Batiste dry shampoos as I like the way they work on my hair. However, I had run out of my usual fave Batiste spray, so I headed to a local shop and picked this up in desperate needs. I swear by Got2be's hairspray, so I thought this would be pretty amazing too. It's not great and it was also pretty cheap compared to Batiste. 

When I spray it in my hair, it seems like nothing comes out and it takes a lot of the product to hide my greasy hair. On the other hand, I spray Batistes around 3-4 times and I'm ready for the day. Fair enough, Got2b's dry shampoo does stay put throughout the day but I've used this up pretty damn quick. 

used up and wouldn't repurchase

L'Oréal Magic Retouch
I had been wanting to try this product out for ages, so when I finally got my hands on it, I was very disappointed. You spray this on your roots when they come through to match the rest of your hair. It did absolutely nothing for me. To be honest, it was a waste of nine quid and the can is bloody tiny for the price!!! I have heard that the darker retouches are better than the lighter ones, so maybe that's something L'OrĂ©al can work on? I'm also going to add that I didn't even use this up. I tried it out twice and gave up. 

Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation
Some of you may be surprised about this one because a lot of bloggers have given it the thumbs up. I have been using all sorts of drugstore foundations for years and last year, I decided to give in and buy a high end foundation - the Urban Decay All Nighter. I absolutely love Urban Decay and probably forever will, but this foundation just didn't work with my skin. A little goes a really long way with this foundation and it lasted me ages!

 It applied and blended really easily and it looked nice on my skin and matched my skin colour perfectly. However, it didn't control my oily skin for very long and  it ended up going patchy throughout the day. Even when I fixed the patchiness by going over it with a beauty blender, an hour later, it's patchy again. I love the way this foundation looks, feels and applies. But it just doesn't last long enough for me and it doesn't do the job for my oily skin.

urban decay all nighter foundation review

Max Factor Brow Shaper Pencil
I use an eyebrow pomade to fill in my brows but I like having a pencil as well. The pencil was a lovely colour and matched perfectly with my brow pomade. It was great for neat and precise lines and it also brushes out easily without taking much of the colour out. The downfall to this is that the pencil is super thin and fragile, if you pressed too hard, it would break. If you dropped it, it would break. But, if you didn't apply a bit of pressure, the colour of the pencil weren't very vibrant on the brows. It just constantly broke and there weren't much of the pencil there to begin with anyway. 

max factor brow shaper review

Do you agree with me about any of these products? What products wouldn't you repurchase?

10 comments :

  1. Such a shame these products didn't work for you! I tried the Urban Decay foundation out a while ago, and had a reaction to it, so I had to throw it out after that. It's a shame the L'Oreal magic retouch didn't work well, as I can imagine it being so handy xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be so annoying having a reaction to a makeup product, especially high end! & I know, I was so disappointed! I just use dry shampoo for my roots instead, works a treat haha! x

      Delete
  2. Such a shame about the magic retouch, I would have probably bought that as usually everything from L'Oreal is amazing!

    Gemma Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was so disappointed as I was expecting it to be amazing! x

      Delete
  3. I wanted to try the urban decay foundation but after reading this it might not be for me

    http://littlemissmelanie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't worth it if you have oily skin x

      Delete
  4. Thank you for giving us the heads up on the L'Oréal Magic Retouch as I was thinking about getting it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome haha! I was super disappointed with it x

      Delete
  5. Ahh that's so annoying that these products didn't work for you!
    I haven't tried any of them, I'd probably have tried the Urban Decay foundation but I have oily skin too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really disappointed with the Urban Decay foundation as I love all their other products x

      Delete