SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 21 July 2017

The New Way to Clean Beauty Blenders: Tested!

I had seen numerous tweets on cleaning a beauty blender this certain way and all the results had me impressed every time.
As I'm really bad with cleaning my makeup tools often, I decided to give this new way of cleaning my beauty blender a go. As you can see, it's incredibly dirty which made me even more eager to try this out and see if and how it works.

beauty blenders in the microwave

So, I simply put my beauty blender in a jug of cool tap water and added a tiny bit of Johnsons baby shampoo which is what I use to clean my makeup brushes too. If you don't have baby shampoo handy, fairy liquid works just fine for this too!

Then, I popped the jug in the microwave for 1 minute. Once 1 minute was up, I squeezed out the unwanted product from the beauty blender and rinsed it under the tap.
Repeat the process if it's still dirty. I had to repeat two more times to get mine clean.

quick way to clean makeup brushes

easy way to clean beauty blenders
The final result!
As you can see, I couldn't get it fully clean, but this way of cleaning beauty blenders is excellent! It's quick and easy to do. I really shouldn't leave my beauty blender for that long awaited clean next time.

Have you heard about this cleaning technique?

2 comments :

  1. Mine is a total mess right now so I'll give it a go :D I freaking hate cleaning brushes and sponges >.<

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete