SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 17 April 2016

What I Hate About Driving


I passed my driving test back in July and I love the freedom I have and I love driving around. But, there's a few things I hate about being a new driver.

1. When other drivers 'beep' at you when the lights are amber, about to turn green or only just turned green. Er, chill!

2. Drivers pulling out of side roads slowly, hoping you'll let them out. I am on a main road with a billion cars behind me (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit). I'm not going to stop in the middle of a main road and stop all the traffic behind me, just to let you out. Sit there and wait for a gap like the rest of us, one will appear, I assure you.

3. Parking has always been the weakest part of my driving. This was my most hated part of driving when I was learning to drive and it still is. I cannot and will not ever reverse into a parking space. I will always drive into it. If I simply can't get in the space, I will drive off and find somewhere else to park.

4. Drivers pulling out of junctions onto the road I'm on. It'd be okay if I was way back and there was a bit of a gap so you could get your speed up before I caught up with you. But, the drivers that pull out of junctions when I'm right near them is so dangerous, and I have to slow down because of your slow speed.

5. Drivers moaning because you're doing the speed limit. The amount of drivers that are right up my arse and effing and swearing to themselves because I'm doing the speed limit is ridiculous. It's like the other day, I was doing 30 in a 30 zone, this car comes hurtling behind me, doing at least 40/45 mph beeping at me and swearing. Obviously, you look like the idiot mate and you shouldn't be on the road. Some people are so dangerous.

6. I have developed road rage. I'm not going to lie to you, I get road rage every now and then. I remember when I was younger and my mum was in her zone having road rage, I was so embarrassed and I felt sorry for the driver she was moaning about. I guess road rage is only okay when it's you having it.

Do you drive? What do you hate about it?

8 comments :

  1. When people overtake you on a blind bend and a car comes the other way and you have to slam your breaks on, and contemplate putting your car into a ditch so 'they' don't cause an serious accident. It is always good to try and practice your 'reaction times' if you can, because some drivers are just idiots!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! There's so many drivers on the road that shouldn't be on the road. Overtaking on a blind bend is pretty ridiculous anyway and the driver should have common sense not to do it x

      Delete
  2. I will never reverse park, I don't care if I have to park 5 minutes away and walk, i simply refuse.

    Tasha x sincereblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I have been driving for almost a year and a half now and I have all of these pet hates and MORE!!!
    Like when GIANT LORRYS think that they can scare you by driving really close behind you just because you're doing the speed limit! UM.... THE LIMIT IS THERE FOR A REASON, and if you bump into me its your fault not mine!! (although i'm not sure i'd love a lorry bumping into my little fiat but there we go.)
    hahaha your post has got me ranting now!! Not sure if that was the aim but this was a brilliant post :)

    www.teenytinythoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much Kirsty! Sorry for making you rant, but I agree with you. I wouldn't want a lorry bumping into my car either, so why don't they lay off the speed? Glad you liked the post x

      Delete
  4. I had a full year of driving lessons but it was a complete waste of money. I didn't even attempt the test, I hated every minute of it! My anxiety was through the roof and I ended up making stupid mistakes. I think it's safer for everyone if I stick to getting the bus for now.

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! :( My anxiety was worse when I used to get the bus, I couldn't wait to pass my test. Maybe you could give it another go another day x

      Delete