Monday, 26 October 2015

Halloween Pumpkin Makeup Tutorial - SFX Free

As I love Halloween and it's not far away, I decided that I would try to create two different Halloween looks. Also, I've never done anything for/about Halloween on my blog before so this is majorly exciting for me!

pumpkin makeup tutorial

There's no special effects needed in this look. It's all just make-up. Easy enough, right?

First, I applied primer and moisturiser to make sure that I have an even base.

I started off by scraping some orange eyeshadow onto a surface with closed tweezers. I used a lid, you can have any sort of surface - just something that's easy to clean. I used tweezers as it's easy to scrape eyeshadows, however, if you don't have any tweezers, you could use something similar that would do the same job. I then put a good amount of foundation in the lid with the eyeshadow and mixed it in. Obviously, you will get different shades of orange depending on how much orange eyeshadow you add.



I then applied that all over my face, in the hairline and down my neck to where my top is.

Next, using a lip/brow brush, I created the outline of the pumpkins eyes using black eyeshadow. I then filled the eyes in using the same black eyeshadow. For this look you can use either eyeshadow or eyeliner or even face paint. But, I just thought it would be a waste of eyeliner if I used that and I didn't have any face paint.


pumpkin makeup tutorial step by step

I then applied some mascara as I have quite light eyelashes so that blended nicely in with the pumpkins eyes. I also used black pencil liner on my lash line and my lower lash line.

Next, using the same lip/brow brush I created the pumpkins nose shape and the mouth. I filled both of them in with the same black eyeshadow using a simple eyeshadow brush.

step by step pumpkin makeup

I then moved onto drawing faint black lines with the eyeshadow where I wanted the ridges of the pumpkin to be.
I smudged them a little so the lines didn't look so harsh. I then used a brown eyeshadow to create a shadowy look and I just put that in front of all the ridges. I also felt like adding a red colour to the brown too. I added some black eyeshadow in the ridges and smudged it to give some definition.

I made sure that all the colours weren't too harsh and blended in well before moving on.
I then used a black pencil eyeliner to go back over the 'faint ridges.'

halloween pumpkin makeup

sfx free halloween tutorial

I then used a yellow shade and then a gold shade on top of the orange parts of the face to 'light' the pumpkin up a bit.

I then repeated the steps on the neck and voilà!

sfx free pumpkin makeup tutorial

I had so much fun creating this look! I'm impressed with how well it turned out beings as it was my first time doing it. Let me know what you think of this look and I'd love to see your recreations!

See my zombie tutorial here.

Happy Halloween!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This looks amazing! Such clever use of make up and I adore the added shimmer in the last photo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's just as great using eyeshadow instead of special effects x

      Delete
  2. This is so cool!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig